Friday, February 12, 2010

remeber hait

it's been one month since the earthquake in haiti.
it seems like it has been a lifetime. i can't even
fathome what has happened in the past one month period.
it's been the most pain and also i have seen so many
miracles happen. my life has forever been changed.
i now have a little sister
after four years of waiting, but i also went through the
worst few days of my life. not knowing, not knowing if she
was alright or even alive in that disastrous country. then
the hopes and disappointments of thinking we would get her
home and then not. so when it came it was all too much to
believe. each night praying for my little sister but never
knowing, almost doubting. and now she is in my family, in my
arms. the people of Haiti are so strong. even before the earth
brought the world tumbling down on them they had it bad. they
always had lived life in it's hardest. these are people who
would make mud pies to fill their stomachs so they didn't
scream with hunger. they now have looked death in the eyes,
and survived. they have seen many of their closest family and
friends die cruel deaths and they continue to live, i don't
know how you could be that strong! all i know is that we can
not forget Haiti. after a month it seems to fade from the top
of our lists and we forget it to move on to more pleasant issues.
we can't let that happen. pray for them, love them and help them
in anyway you possibly can. i have seen what a few people can do
and it amazes me. the miracles that can happen with some help from
heaven. so as Haiti is trying to heal help them, at least don't
forget them !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am just a young girl in an old world. With my heart as a compass and ambition in my blood i'm ready for the adventure life has ahead for me. I love the art of expression, writing, art, photography or music, anything that lets the heart speak and the mind soar